Monday, July 20, 2009

Two babies down, one to go!

Well, brace yourself everyone--I am actually going to write a blog. Last I left off, Bug was on some antibiotics for some kind of unknown sickness. Well, luckily, the antibiotics worked. Bubby's runny nose, was just two teeth coming in, so no problem there. Currently, we are all well (finding some wood to knock on..). We had our deck re-finished--which was in the agreement to sell our house. As of now, we are just waiting for the closing date of August 3rd. Most of the packing is done, so this week, I can actually relax a bit.

I became an Aunt for the second (out of three) time this summer. Two babies down, one to go! Can't wait for #3 to approximately 2 weeks! Last week, Tuesday, I took the kids and drove about 4 hours to see my new niece, "R". I was so excited to see her! She was born via C-Section (on Tuesday) at 9:05am, 7lbs 1oz, and 19 inches long. She is a carbon copy of her big brother "KM". Take away the pink sleepers and it is KM...weird. I actually called "R" by her brother's name a couple of times. Anyway, we stayed in town one night, and headed back on Wednesday, after one last stop at the hospital on the way out of town. I didn't want to leave, because I wanted to love on "R" a little more, but knew we had to go. She is so beautiful, and I can't wait to see her again. Here she is:
My sister and proud Mama of "R"
Bug and her new cousin

Awwww, a Momma's love....

While I was visiting my sister in the hospital, my sister-in-law called to say she too was at the hospital with my mother-in-law. She had been watering her tomato plant, lost her footing and fell. She dislocated and broke 3 bones in her ankle. She was prepped for surgery, and by 9pm on Tuesday night, she was in recovery. We decided that we would visit her this past weekend, so we went and stayed at my brother-in-law's house. It was nice to visit Mom and we know she appreciated it, but we couldn't stay too long, with two crazy, loud kids. We visited with her on Saturday morning, then came back in the afternoon. After that we headed back to my brother-in-law's house for dinner, and a campfire. We all ate way too many smores, but had such a fun time catching up around the fire (till about midnight!). It was fun to see Bug and Bubby playing with their cousins too. I just wish we lived closer...

My niece
Daddy and Bug (with a goofy smile...)
Around the fire...
Me and my Bug...(with a genuine smile)

Me and my sleeping Bug (taken about 5 minutes after the previous picture)

Well, luckily, I have a pretty relaxing week ahead of me. FINALLY. I will work on getting some more pictures of the kids' birthday party, and the surprise 40th anniversary party we had for my in-laws on here....Have a good week!

No comments: