Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A turning point in my life...

Have you ever dreamed or wished that a person would come into your life, but "knew" it would never happen? Or maybe it could happen, it would just be something short of a miracle? Well, my miracle happened. I have known of this person's existence for about three years. I contacted him through facebook, as a means of getting some resolution from my past. We agreed to be in contact, but to 'take it slow'. After a few months of emails, facebook messages, and one phone call, we knew we had to meet each other. We agreed to meet a few weekends ago, and it was wonderful. I never imagined it could go so well.

He has a wonderful wife and a sweet daughter. We had many very candid, bold conversations--but that is the only way for 'this' to work, we agreed. It was a weekend of healing for both of us, and I was sad to see the weekend end.

For now, my prayers are for strength for both of us, for peace, and for God to continue to show his love to us and our families. God is growing me each day through this. I am so grateful that God gave me this unbelievable gift. One of the last missing pieces of my puzzle has been found, and I feel more complete now, than I have ever felt in my life.

This person, that has chosen to be in my life, to get to know me, who cares for me...biologically, is my brother...but for now, we have alot of healing to do, and I am blessed to call him my friend.

"Trust in the Lord, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5

No comments: