Monday, November 24, 2008

Be Thankful...

My original intention was to blog tonight. The forces have aligned against me, as I listen to both of my kids fussing through our baby monitor (yes, it is 10:20pm!). Their colds are getting better, as I only had to wipe each of their noses about 500 times today, down from about 1000 yesterday. Lots to do before Thanksgiving, so I must make this short but sweet.

What am I thankful for? I am thankful for a wonderful husband, and two wonderful, happy, healthy children. I am thankful for all my family, especially my Mom and Dad, who I love so much. I am thankful for all the wonderful memories of my Grandma, and I am thankful that she is rejoicing in Heaven this very minute! I am thankful for my son's birth mom, and the selfless choice she made because she knew what was best for him. That is the short list...

Here are some pictures from the past few days:
Here is a picture of Bug and her friend Anna. Anna and her brother, sister, Mom and Dad came over for pizza/beer/drinks on Friday night. Anna's parents went to high school with DH, and recently moved to the area. Our big "Gul" (girl) Ok, this was taken today. NO, I didn't take a picture of a pile of blankets. Bug told me, "yion, seeping, Mama!, tuck in yion" If you can see in the lower left corner of the picture the tiny Little People lion taking a nap. I just thought it was so cute...she is so maternal. Goofin' around with my Bug, while Little Man took a 3 hour nap this morning! Ok....first of all, I bought this bucket for Uncle Matt and Aunt Kim, and Bug has gotten so much playtime out of it--that is until she got herself stuck in it. I let her stay stuck for about 10 minutes, till she figured out how to get out. After that, she kept coming to me saying..."Mama, get stuck!" She wanted me to get her stuck in the bucket. See what a $5 bucket can get you?? About two hours of fun! One of my favorite parts of this picture if the huge string of drool coming off his chin.... This is what we woke up to this morning--about two inches of wet, yucky snow. I have to admit, though, I was more excited to see how Bug would react. She loved it, and immediately asked for her jacket to go outside. Not so fast, Ms. snots-a-lot! Ahhhh, two kids playing quietly, happily....I know that won't last for long! Wait till Little Man is crawling and taking Bug's toys (it won't be long!). We will see how happy it will be then...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and for those travelling, travel safely!

No comments: