Monday, November 19, 2007

Butter, Oleo, and Margarine...

Yesterday, we bundled up and went to the Christmas Parade (yes, believe it or not is was actually called the "Christmas" parade). It lasted almost two hours!! Bug loved it!! She just stared at all the floats with the Christmas lights. Just to see the amazement in her eyes, and seeing her get excited was enough to make me cry. The best part was when Bug saw "Elmo" walking in the parade. She started yelling, and got sooo excited. It was so fun (and cold, too!!).

I am currently finishing up wrapping Christmas gifts (and birthday gifts for Daddy's side--Seems like everyone has a birthday in December or January!!). Please don't hate me, I just like to be organized, and absolutely despise going out in a blizzard to find that last minute gift, because I waited too long, and it is December 23rd. I refuse to be that person. I don't deal well with crazy shoppers either. I don't have patience for these people who run the shopping isles to grab the latest "I can wet my pants" Elmo (or is it "I can go potty" Elmo--I don't know). Hey, at least I admit my faults!! Enough of that...

DH spent Saturday afternoon installing a water softener at our house (it was the original one that came with the house, we just hadn't ever used it). I have to say, I grew up on hard water (although not as hard as it is here at home), and generally don't like soft water (because it makes you feel "slimy"), but it is pretty nice. I actually like it. No water stains on the dishes, and you save detergent!! Sometimes I surprise myself.

How come when your child is in pain, 30 seconds feels like 10 minutes??? I put Bug down for a nap, and she just started to cry (the "I'm in pain" cry--you other mothers out there, you know what I mean). I went up, just knowing that something was wrong. I peeked in, and she had her leg stuck in between the bars of her crib. Her leg wasn't' "just stuck", it was stuck almost up to her hip joint! I seriously thought I was going to have to call 911 and have them cut her out. I managed to get her out (without butter, oleo, or margarine!), although for that 2 minutes it took, I was starting to freak. I am sure this is minor compared to what we have to look forward to....

No comments: