Friday, January 16, 2009

"Lucy" is the culprit...


















I don't usually promote stuff, in fact
this is the first time I have done this since starting this blog. This is a picture of my new favorite baby/toddler thing. It is a baby sling by "mammasmilk". If anyone is interested, their website is http://www.mammasmilk.com/. It is for newborn to 35 pounds, so I can use it with Bug (not that I would, she is a "big girl" and her legs work just fine!). The good thing about it is you order a custom size, based on a few measurements, and it isn't nearly as painful on your back as a front carrier. It takes awhile to figure out how to use it, but once you have it down, it is awesome. I put LM in it the first time, and he went right to sleep. :-) There are quite a few different positions that the toddler can sit in. The best that work for LM are the "kangaroo" and the "cradle hold".

I am working on getting over some kind of lung/cold/bronchitis/virus/flu thingy. Luckily, no one else in the family has gotten it. Now, we just have to hold on till next week! Anyway, I think LM is going through some serious teething. He has been super crabby the last few days. I was diggin' in the medicine box for the infant tylenol for nap time today!

I had an interesting night last night. After walking my 3 miles on the treadmill at 9:30 last night, I checked on the kids. I unloaded Bug's bed (took all her toys that she likes to sleep with), including "Lucy" her baby doll. This is "Lucy":

"Lucy" talks/coos/screams (and pees her diaper) when you press the bracelet on her hand. I grabbed the wrong hand. "Lucy" started to do her thing. I threw a blanket over Lucy in the hopes that she will stop cooing/screaming/moving her legs and arms. "Lucy" woke LM up. I rock LM to sleep, put him back in bed. Hit the shower. After the shower, I crawl into my warm, toasty bed, with a big...Ahhhhh. Just then, I have a coughing attack, LM wakes up, and I spent the next hour and a half trying to get him to sleep. I finally get him to sleep, and put him in bed. I went downstairs to cough, trying to keep him from waking up and guess what--he starts to cry. I let him CIO (cry it out) awhile, obviously a little too long, because then Bug starts crying and telling me that LM is crying. UGH. At this point, DH is up, and takes LM downstairs to rock him to sleep. I lay in bed, coughing still. (this morning, DH said that even when he was rocking LM to sleep downstairs, every time I coughed LM jolted awake...poor kid) DH got LM to sleep and we decided I would sleep downstairs to avoid waking anyone else up. It wouldn't be a problem, except DH has a major meeting/presentation he is doing today, and needed to have a full night sleep. DH was planning on going into work super early to finish up some loose ends, but instead stayed up for 3hrs after I went downstairs to sleep. I slept on the couch. Hopefully, tonight will be better...


Here is a cute picture of Bug and DH:

1 comment:

Heather Hodach said...

love the sling! I have one too - don't use it much anymore, as toddlers prefer to RUN everywhere! We also have "Lucy" (not sure she has a name though) - I really don't like that doll... she may disapper one of these days...