Friday, February 20, 2009

Sixth time is a charm....

Well, this is the sixth time (that's being generous) I have tried to type out this blog entry. I guess that is what happens when you have a long travel weekend, followed by a week of two kids being sick. Yuck. Well, I am just happy that today is the first day that my shirt wasn't covered in snot by the time DH got home from work. :-)

Lots has happened since my last update TWO WEEKS AGO (I have never gone that long in between posts...bad blogger)! LM has started to crawl now...and man does he move fast! We now live in a "gated community". I can never make it to the phone anymore, having to hurdle two gates in any direction! Bug isn't too happy about having gates up--can't say that I blame her. She is a smart cookie though, and has mastered climbing over one of them.

We had another nice visit with LM's birthfamily (two weeks ago). It was good to see everyone again. We went to their house, and Bug got to play with the boys again, so she was happy.

Last weekend, we took a long weekend and visited both of our families. We had a good time both places. We had a fun Valentine's Day pizza party with my family, and the kids got to play together. The kids were plenty sugared up thanks to all the Valentines candy. It was fun seeing and catching up with everyone, though. While visiting DH's family, Grammy and Grandpa offered to watch all 5 grandkids, so the parents (DH, his sister and brother, and the spouses) could go out to dinner. That was alot of fun...I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Guys...we need to do that WAY more often!! The kids were good enough for Grammy and Grandpa, so I am sure we didn't ruin our chances of having another "date" night.

During the end of our travelling, both kids starting having cold symptoms....and that brings me to today. LM is finally starting to get better. LM was the worst, but his nose isn't "snottin" nearly as much as previous days. Bug never really had it too bad, but today seems like it is worse again for her. Who knows...I am excited though...I get to leave the house tonight for a Walmart trip. How exciting. Because I really didn't leave the house the entire week, nothing has really happened. Here are some pictures from the last two weeks. Enjoy! Wow--time flies...my baby is crawling already!! (sniff, sniff...) Four Generations (LM's birthfamily) This is a cute picture....LM and his birthmom Bug loves her Uncle Dan (my "baby" brother) LM loves his Uncle Dan...I can't get over the curls on these boys. Bug and her Grandma Our kids with my best friend's kids...Brie and Samuel. Brie and Bug...both with some goofy smiles. Hello, FLOWER POWER! This is the retro high chair at Grammy's house Bug getting a ride courtesy of her cousins Aunt Tracy and cousin Tara gave us a concert A picture of all the grandkids

No comments: