Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sick of being sick, but seeing a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel...

The picture above was taken on March 10th, when I thought we were all starting to get better. I thought it would be cute to blog and show you the medicines we had to use to feel better. Well, as I look back at the last "sick" blog, on March 4th, we left of with Bug having Pink Eye, and LM was clear of it. Well, that didn't last long. His eyes started getting goopy in a couple of days, and he isn't nearly as easy to use eye drops on. He can fight a pretty good fight, let me tell you! LM is a strong little boy. Saturday and Sunday (the 7th and 8th) was the worst. Bug was having a heck of a time breathing with her croup, and LM was in the midst of Pink Eye and a nasty cold. Well, by the beginning of the week, fevers were starting to break much more often, and Bug even went a day and a half fever free. We thought for sure, this was the end. OH, NO. Wednesday afternoon, fevers spiked, and everything went south again. A couple of times, Bug would say..."what you say, mama?? I can't hear you." Oh, great. Ear infections. Thursday, DH came with me to take both kids in to the doctor. Prognosis: Bug = both ears "badly" infected, and full blown bronchitis. LM= One ear "badly" infected, and mild bronchitis. The doctor gave Bug a breathing treatment in the office, and listened to her breathing again. Luckily, the treatment worked, so we were able to leave. Well, on our way home from the doctor, I start to shiver. What? I don't usually get fevers. Well, after spending about $100 on medications, we headed home. Yup, I have a fever. Never ending. Soon after the fever starts, I start to have some major dizzy spells, and some pain in the same place I had my sinus infection a week and a half ago. Dizziness to me, usually means ear issues as well. So, at this point, it is about 3:30pm. I call my doctor, and she gets me in at 10:30am the next day (Friday--the 13th mind you). Miraculously, I wake up in the morning, and have no dizzy spells. I feel fine enough to drive myself to the doctor--which is a great thing, it meant we didn't have to drag the kiddos out. My prognosis: Bronchitis, and another/the same sinus infection as before. My ears were clear. I was surprised. The dizzy spells and ear pain are probably from the sinus infection (in the same cavity close to my brain--maybe it knocks my equilibrium off??). Needless to say, here is a picture of what our drug pile looks like now:

They and the kids are both on antibiotics, and I am on two other drugs, and Bug and I take breathing treatments for the bronchitis.

After all this, I realized that I haven't taken a picture of either of my kids is about two weeks. So, here are a few: See, she doesn't look sick here does she?? No snotty nose, no weepy eyes, and a goofy, yet nice smile. Well, approximately 20 minutes after this picture was taken, she projectile vomited on me and the couch, and later in my hands. Looks can be deceiving. Wow...even I think his hair has grown in the last couple of weeks. He looks so sober here, because this picture was taken at about noon today, and he hadn't napped yet. He woke up this morning at 6am. His face is screaming TIRED.

I need to send a "shout out" to my little cutie nephew, KM, who's 2nd birthday party, we were supposed to be at fact, right now. :-( Your Auntie, Uncle, and two cousins love you very much! Sorry, we can't be there today. We can't wait to see you again!! ((Has it really been two years already??)) Meeting KM when he was 6 days old. Awwww, what a cutie! Auntie loves you!!

Hopefully, this week, we will all be better, and will do something other then wipe our noses, cough, have breathing treatments, and pop pills, so you all have something more interesting to read. Have a good weekend/week!

No comments: