Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our profile was shown...

Here is a picture I took of my two beach bums on our last day in Florida last week. DH is videotaping me taking the picture...I love the waves in the background.

Adoption Update: I just got an email from our social worker, that our profile was shown recently, and the birthparents chose a family, and was meeting with that family today. I have no idea if we were in the "running" or not. Am I disappointed?? Of course, only because we want another child so badly. It does feel weird though, that we have come so far in such a short amount of time. I was sort of shocked to hear that we have been presented to a birthmom/parents already. I am reminded of the sermon on Sunday...The pastor was talking about how our timing isn't always God's timing. I learned to have patience while waiting to be blessed with our Bug, but this waiting is a little different. Needless to say, I felt as though the sermon was meant for me. What I know for sure--There is a baby out there especially for us. It may be next week, or next year, but that baby is out there, in God's plan and His own timing...

Today Bug and I went swimming at the indoor water park. I am amazed at how much energy our Bug has!! She was going strong after two and a half hours. I actually had to remove her from the pool, because "Mommy and Me" time was over! She wasn't too happy with me, but I guess that is life. I was wiped out, and could barely move. I literally could not keep my eyes open...

Baby news--My best friend is expecting a baby in October. We are so excited for her. This is #2 for her and her husband, and we couldn't be more happy for them. Please pray for Shel and the baby...

No comments: