Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Bomb Pop Adventure....

Here is a picture of a mama robin and her babies (you can see one (beak) of the three, just to the left of the mama's beak). There are three babies in this nest, which DH found (before the birds hatched from their eggs) under our deck. This picture is taken from our laundry room window. It has been fun keeping tabs on them...

Update: "H", her mom, DH, Bug, and I went to a baseball game on Saturday night, after having dinner at our house. We had lots of fun, although, sitting in the hard, uncomfortable seats were not fun for "H". She is officially getting uncomfortable. She will be 37wks on Wednesday. I will go to her doctor's appointment on Tuesday with her, DH will stay home with Bug, as the appointment lands during Bug's naptime. I will update more on baby when we know more...

We have a busy week this week: haircuts (for Mommy and Bug) and bible study meeting on Monday, indoor waterpark playdate and "H's" doctor appointment on Tuesday, another playdate and family small group meeting at church on Wednesday, and we are having our house sprayed for bugs on Thursday (Bug and I have to leave the house for 6 hours--because DH and I both have asthma). Friday is our only free day this week...I guess it will make the week fly by, right??

Today marked a milestone for Bug: She had her first Bomb Pop. We heard the ice cream truck go by, and we ran out to get a treat. I couldn't believe the size of this popsicle!! I am pretty sure it was about 3x's the size that they used to be when I was a kid. Anyway, we saved it till after dinner (Mommy and Daddy helped her eat this...don't worry!). Here are the progression of pictures:
Before
She is saying--"I can't believe Mommy gave me this whole thing..."
Mmmmm, this is yummy Mommy!!

The sugar high is beginning....

A true Iowa girl at heart....(she even eats her popsicle like corn on the cob)!!!
Notice all the blue spots on her legs and her clothes.....
After--she doesn't exactly look pleased that the popsicle is gone. Notice the blue slime running down her arm??

This is what her hands and face looked like...AFTER I cleaned them off!!! Kinda makes me wonder what exactly is in those popsicles?! It took a bath and lots of Baby Magic to get that gunk off!

No comments: