Thursday, December 3, 2009

Joke's on me...

Here are some fun pictures from the last few weeks:The kiddos with Grandpa. Grammy and Grandpa came for a short visit the weekend before Thanksgiving. The kids couldn't get enough of them...good thing we saw them five days later!So, our rule for ear piercing with Bug is that she has to be at least five--so she can learn to take care of cleaning them herself. Well, one night her and I went shopping, and found some "fake earrings" (stickers). We were going to play a joke on Daddy, and say we got her ears pierced. I coached her in the car the entire ride home to say..."Daddy, I got my ears pierced!". When we got in the door, she said..."Daddy, I have sticker earrings on my ears!!!" I guess the joke was on me. My kiddos starting to feel under the weather... I love this picture!! Baby RK is looking up to her Uncle... Our niece, E, at her dance practice. Grammy and three of her grandkids tickling the ivories.... Sorry to spoil for most of you...this will be December 2010 on your calendars! Can you believe taking this picture took less time than getting them dressed??

We had a great Thanksgiving, making "the loop" this year....first to my family, then to DH's family. We were gone 5 days...it was a nice break. The kids started to have runny noses, and just generally felt yucky a few days prior, but we went anyway. I held out getting sick till Saturday. I had no voice, and could tell that this round of bronchitis that I was going to get would be a doozie. Monday and Tuesday, I had a total of six hours of sleep, because I couldn't sleep laying down. I took the kids to the doctor on Tuesday--and for the most part, they are doing well. After that, it was off to my doctor, where I was told.."Girl, you are about a hop, skip and a jump from going to the hospital". Ok. Great. I guess my oxygen level was a tad low. I had a horrendously bad case of bronchitis (surprise, surprise.), so they made me do a breathing treatment in the office. The rule was if my oxygen level wasn't up after that, and my lungs weren't clearer, then I was going to the hospital. WHAT? Like I have time for that. Well, the treatment worked, and they sent me home with FIVE different medications. I am feeling much better, and last night was the first night of semi-normal sleep (6hrs) that I have had all week.
We put up most of our Christmas decorations last night. I am dreading Bubby and our Christmas tree this year. I just think I am going to buy some junk ornaments and use those, instead of the real ones for fear he will destroy them. I love him dearly, but he can destroy something in seconds if he really wants to. I guess we will see...
This weekend, we are heading to visit with Santa and just relax. Can't wait to just relax....

No comments: