Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A missing peace...

This picture was taken July 14th, 2004. This picture signifies a kind of peace for me.

We had just suffered the loss of our first child (we later found it was our first son). We were devastated. After wanting a child for so long, I felt a piece of my heart was lost forever. A friend came over to offer a meal, and brought a card. On the front of the card was a daisy. It was a beautiful card.

The next morning I woke up, went out to sit on the deck to pray and reflect on the short time that our baby and me had together. I looked down, and a daisy had popped up overnight in a place there had never been flowers. We had never planted daisies there. We had been living in the house for five years already, and have never seen any daisies there. I knew this was from God. A sign that peace is coming...everything will be ok. It may not be immediate, but peace is coming. God brought a beautiful thing to a place it had never been before to show me PEACE. That is how I feel right now.

A new chapter is beginning...

No comments: