Thursday, May 1, 2008

32 wks 1 day

This is a picture of Bug-Bug when we were visiting Grandpa Mick and Grandma Kris a couple of weekends ago.
As I said in the last post (I am a little behind...), as we arrived home, we got a call from our social worker. A birthmom was interested in meeting with us. We were ecstatic! Fast forward to Monday night at 7pm. We were pretty nervous--I am always more nervous than DH. The minute I saw this beautiful birthmom, I was instantly at ease. I can't explain why, I hadn't even talked to her at this point! After about a hour and a half, of comfortable chatting, she looked at her social worker and said..."I don't want to see any more profiles...they are the ones I want". We were in awe, as we weren't expecting that at all...we thought she might make a decision in a couple weeks or something like that. I quickly told the social worker to get me some kleenex, which she did, and both DH and I started to cry, and there were hugs all around. There were so many perfect "God things" that happened in this meeting--it is obvious that this was Gods plan all along. It was the most humbling experience I have ever had. God clearly had his hand in this, and we owe it all to HIM. We are just overjoyed, and can't wait to meet our little baby.

Our birthmom--"H"--is due June 25th, which puts her at 32wks 1 day today! The baby is due four days after Bug's second birthday!! We are hoping to get together with "H" a few times before the baby is born, and of course we want her to meet our Bug!

Needless to say, we have been on "cloud 9" since Monday night, and last night was the first real night of sleep I have had since we got the call that our birthmom wanted to meet us. I feel like a new woman!

We are so thankful that God blessed us with "H", and are so grateful for the selfless decision she has made for us to be a second Mommy and Daddy to her baby. God is Great!

No comments: