Wednesday, January 23, 2008

For Whom the bell tolls....

Well, where do I begin?? The picture of Bug was taken when we were at the local indoor water park yesterday morning. Bug and I went with another Mommy and her daughter, Lily. We had a fun time, except for one slight error on my part. Right after we arrived inside, I heard this "cow bell" sounding bell...then I remembered that every 10 minutes a HUGE bucket of water splashes down over the kiddie area. Well, we made a mad dash to the kiddie area. It was a tad chilly, and at this point both girls' teeth are chattering and blue. We high-tail it to a spot in the shallow water where there are warm jets, and take a seat. Well, we mommies were talking away, and all of a sudden......GUSH!!! We had planted ourselves directly in the splash zone. It had so much force, it pushed Bug's face in the water, I grabbed her out, and of course she is hysterical. This was the beginning of our 2 hour toddler time at the water park. So, every ten minutes, when Bug heard the bell ring and saw the water get dumped, she would freak out and need to be held. Yeah, I felt like Mom of the Year. She seemed to like the lazy river, except of course the waterfall part. The mommies liked the lazy river the best, and we took about 3 passes on that. I think Bug and I will be frequenting the toddler time more often...it is only $8.50 for both of us for two hours. Here are a couple more pictures:
Well, I am excited to say I received my Ellen sweepstakes prizes on Monday. I am also happy to say they are up for sale on Ebay! I haven't gotten my massager on Ebay yet, but am planning on doing that soon (read below).

Which leads me to today. Today was insane. My day started with a dentist appointment at 7:30am. DH brought Bug in with him, when he had his appointment (right after mine), then I left with Bug, and when he was done, he was heading into work. Fine. (I think that is the only thing that went right...) Next, with aching gums, Bug and I head to Walmart. We had major stuff to buy: toddler bed, mattress, closet organizer, car seat, and other household stuff. $300+ later, I pull up the van to the door to have them load all the big stuff in. I go to the trunk, turn the key, and POP!!! The handle breaks off in my hand. Literally. I said a word I probably shouldn't have, and luckily, got the trunk open. We actually do get everything to fit (although in the front passenger seat was Bug's stroller, because that is the only other place in the car it would fit!). I pulled out the key and it was bent. I said a quick prayer and twisted it back. YES!! It didn't break! DH can deal with the broken lock. I called DH and left him a VM about the lock. Next, we went to the local Brookstone store to pick up the "Ellen" massager. I get to the counter inside the store, and explain why they are going to give me a free $400 massager, and I get two blank stares. I go to give him my certificate, and Oh lovely, Bug's sippee cup leaked all over the inside of my purse. At this point, I just laughed, and gave him the milk spotted piece of paper.

Fifteen minutes later, they instruct me to go to the "tunnels" to pick up the item. I wondered at the time, if it would just be easier to put this in the stroller, and carry Bug the short distance to the car, but he insisted it would be easier to pick it up. Fine, so I get out to the car, and go to unlock the car....it won't unlock. My key was still bent from the incident at Walmart an hour earlier. Again, I quickly ask God to just unlock my flippin' car, so I can get home...I jiggled it around a little more and CLICK! HALLELUJAH!!! ( I probably shouldn't have even locked it, but I had all that stuff from Walmart, and didn't want to risk it) So, now we are looking for the tunnels...I get to said tunnels, and guess what?? Yes, folks the tunnels are closed. I nicely call on my cell to the store, and kindly tell the guy the tunnels are closed. He directed me to another entrance, which was open. Lucky for him...

So, at this point Bug is starting to melt down. She screamed all the way to Wendy's. I had to stop and get her something to eat. I had to get to the car place that would fix the lock before heading home, and I knew she wouldn't last that long. I order a single cheesburger...$3.04!!! What?? It was unfortunate for the poor sap who took my order that I actually said what my brain was thinking..."What??? I can go to McDonald's and get one for 87 cents! That is ridiculous!" Having been that "poor sap" on the other end of a speaker, I felt horrible (after the fact). I actually didn't mean to say it, it just flew out. I was just so frazzled/stressed....Anyway, that is pretty much the end of my day. I got to the car place, Bug was still intact for the most part, although I still haven't found her barrette she was wearing. She ripped it out while screaming, somewhere between the mall and the car place. We arrived home, and I unloaded the car...(I had to open the trunk with a screwdriver--(thanks to Jim from the car place, who taught me how to do that!!), the box to the closet organizer wasn't glued securely, so when unloading it, all the metal pieces came flying out onto the ground of the garage....

At this point, I just laughed hysterically...what more can you do? Now, I am going to go put Bug's new bed together....Hope I made you laugh a little. I know I did....

No comments: