Monday, October 6, 2008

Potty Training 101...

Here is a picture of my best friend, her daughter Brie, and new son Samuel David. He was born on September 28th, at just 5lbs 3oz...what a little peanut!! I can't wait to meet him! I am going back "home" on October 24th for the weekend, and one of the things I will be doing is meeting Samuel. I am sure Brie is an excellent big sister, too!!

Well, we embarked on a new journey...Potty training. Yikes. Talk about stress!! We decided (basically, I decided, because I was sick of changing poopy diapers of a two year old, that I believe can go in the potty) to start this messy process now, since we have no travelling on the schedule for at least a month. We cleared alot of our calendar, and are going for it. We started Saturday morning (when I knew DH would be home all weekend), and the first victory for us was Sunday night. We are going with absolutely no disposable training pants, 24/7. I was quite overwhelmed Sunday afternoon, after I felt that I was doing something wrong, because Bug just wasn't getting it. Then, FINALLY, SHE PEED IN THE POTTY!! After that, it seemed to click more for her. She told us a couple of more times that she had to go, then went on the potty. We were so excited!! (I never thought I would be so excited about peeing...) Anyway, here we are today with a score of: Made it to the potty=2, accidents=2. Not bad for Day 3 with no diapers...

I will update again with more potty stories....I am sure there will be plenty! Here is one more picture of little Sam:

No comments: