Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Has it really been three years already???


This is a picture of my baby Bug in the NICU--One day old. ...and this is a picture of my "baby" Bug this morning before her first day at preschool! Yikes, how time flies. I have to remember to cherish these moments...before you know it, she will be heading to high school.


Here are some more pictures from her first day at Preschool: Before heading into classBug and her teacher, Mrs. Marth


So, after I dropped her off at school, Bubby and I came back home. It was nice to have two hours with just Bubby and I--playing, reading books, and just having time together. I did miss Bug though, and look forward to tomorrow, when I have them both at home again. Anyway, during lunch, we had a conversation about her first day at preschool. It went something like this:


Mommy: "So, how was your first day at preschool? What did you do?"


Bug: "I had a beer, Mom."


Mommy: (laughing hysterically) "WHAT?? What do you mean you had a beer?"


Bug: "Well, we pretended to have a beer. Me and ____ were pretending at the kitchen, and he asked me if I wanted a pretend beer...so I said "SURE".


Ugh...omigosh. Do you think it is too late to pull her out, and keep her home?!? Just kidding...kinda. What the heck??? It is starting already. Yikes. I am already dreading the teen years.


On a unrelated note, we have pretty much unpacked and have everything organized. The only thing we have left to do is put our stuff on the walls. For now, we aren't going to do anymore major improvements till after Christmas. We need time to relax, and enjoy the rest of the summer. This is what almost brought tears to my eyes: We finally got the garage cleaned out enough to get two cars in. Finally, some progress!!
That's about all for now--I am going to make a conscious effort to blog at least once a week, now that things have settled down a bit around here. Enjoy the short week!

No comments: