Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's 5 o'clock somewhere....

Did I already say that Valium rocks?!? I felt drunk about halfway to the Dr's office this morning. It was fun actually, I was giggling all the way into the procedure room. Then my favorite lady, Diane, did an excellent job on my IV, and had me "drinking strawberry margaritas" in a matter of minutes. Ahhhhhhh, the song "Margaritaville" was playing through my head, as I slipped into happyland.

We were hoping on getting a picture of the remaining embryos, but I assume the lab camera was not fixed/replaced yet, as we received no picture. The grades of the remaining embryos were 2"good"B's (although, one was better than the other), and the rest C's. We just had them put the two B's in. They will let the remaining C's grow another day in the lab to see if they get to the Blastocyst stage, and if they do, then they will be able to be frozen.(Blastocyst stage is the stage right before the embryo "hatches" out of it's shell, and embeds itself in the uterine lining) Generally, the chances of a grade C embryo making it to "Blast" stage is slim to none. What they will do is check them again tomorrow, and give us a call with the results. With each of the past 3 IVF cycles we have done, the grade C embryos we had left all arrested (died) on the 6th day.

So, here I lay with 5 embryo's hanging out in my plush uterus!! If any of them attach and decide to hang on, it will be tomorrow or Monday. Needless to say, I am only getting out of bed to pee. That is it. I have to give them the best chance possible. Now the real LOOOOONNNNNNGGG wait starts. We will find out a week from this Monday. That is about all for now...I have 3 movies to watch, 2 magazines to read, and two crossword puzzles to do (and a partridge in a pear tree!!!). Enough rambling...

No comments: