Sunday, September 2, 2007

What is this thing on my face?!?!

So, our wonderful daughter has realized she has something called a nose on her face. She also has realized that noses have holes that we can stick our fingers in! We were at our friends' house last night (having a bonfire, and ummmmm eating only ONE smore!), and Bug was on my lap. Our friend, Jen starts laughing hysterically. I look at Bug, and here she is going at it, like she is digging for gold. (picture finger up her nose to the second knuckle, and twisting!!) Lucky for you all, I have chosen not to post a picture of this! (instead, enjoy this recent picture of Bug enjoying her favorite dinner--spaghetti!) Lovely. That's my girl!!! Do you ignore it--like everything else, in the hopes that she will just stop?? I just can't see myself at a store, allowing my daughter to dig for gold, while I casually cruised the isles shopping. We have ignored many things in the past (and she would stop), but this time I choose to yank her finger out of her nose. Now that she knows she can get a reaction from me, I have a feeling this will be happening numerous times every hour she is awake.

Buckle your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!! Today was my first experience with the crazy emotions that come with the current medicine. I did some volunteer work at church late this morning, and DH (dear husband) was with Bug at the park next to church. Bug saw me and came toddling over to say HI. I later told her goodbye, as I headed into church. I got teary leaving her!!! I was gone for a whopping hour!!! UFF-DA!! (for the non-Norwegians reading this, UFF- DA can mean "oh my gosh!", "yikes!", "oh my goodness!", "good grief!"etc) It is a perfectly polite expression which may be used in place of various vulgarisms employed to evince displeasure. Enough said.

No comments: