Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The results are in....

I feel like Ryan Seacrest from American Idol...<<>> :
17 eggs total. Of the 17 retrieved, 13 are mature enough to use (4 immature-not usable). Out of 13 mature eggs, we have 8 embryos that are growing perfectly!!! :-) (2 fertilized abnormally, and 3 refused to grow past the fertilization stage).

8 embryos!!! We are so excited!! Now, we just wait till Thursday at 8am, when we find out the quality of the embryos. The embryologist will grade them just like in school--A is the best, and so on. I will have one embryo transfer on Thursday, and another one on Saturday. Technical term is Sequential Transfer. The embryologist told me on the phone, they were thinking of putting in a minimum of 5 embryos, between the two transfers. I wasn't aware that they were going to do a ST on this cycle. We have done it in the past, and it didn't work. With Bug's cycle, we did a single transfer. I just keep going back to "they must know what they are doing..."

I feel almost completely fine today. Last night, however, was not cool. I offered to make dinner, as DH has been doing everything. Everything was fine till I decided to get up from the dinner table. I think the massive amount of narcotics they gave me while I was under finally wore off. I couldn't stand up straight. I had to walk around bent at the waist at a 90 degree angle!! I took a vicoden (which did no good), and was laid up the rest of the night. Today, I feel very close to normal though. :-)
I will be on as much bed rest as possible starting Thursday. DH will be home helping Thursday and Friday. Grandma Kris is coming to help out Monday and Tuesday of next week. I haven't planned beyond that...
Thank you for all the prayers, keep em' coming!! We need all we can get!

No comments: