Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's the secret, Bug?!?!

This morning I awoke, feeling normal (whatever that is on stim drugs..). Within an hour, I felt horrible pain. In a couple of hours of resting flat on my back, I was better again. I was a tad concerned this morning, as my message from my nurse yesterday (we are assigned a voice mailbox to check after every appt to get updates from the Dr/nurses) was to increase my stims to 375iu's from 300iu's for the rest of the cycle. This increase would make me grow follicles/eggs much faster, thus causing more pain. With Bug's cycle, they increased me to 275iu's from 225iu's for the last two days, and I was in SO much pain, excruciating pain. MUCH, MUCH WORSE THAN GIVING BIRTH!! Because I was in so much pain, my blood pressure hit the roof. They couldn't put me under (for the egg retrieval), until my blood pressure was in check. That is what scares me about this--but so far, I am marginal, and nowhere close to the pain I felt last time, so that is a good thing.

Bug had her 15 month check-up today. I did feel well enough to go along, which was a good thing, as both of us had to hold her down so that she could get two shots. She is in the 75% for height, and only 25% for weight. She weighs about the same as she did for her 12 month check-up. She eats like a horse!!! How can she not have gained any weight?!?! I wish I knew her secret....

No comments: